Reinstall or upgrade Ancestris (SM)
Ancestris is already installed on your
device, but for some reason, you need to reinstall it.
There can be two reasons for this.
- a new version is out and you want to upgrade
- there was a modification
tothe software,or to your device, and you need to reinstall the version you had from Ancestris's servers.
certainly preserve your customizations. general, that
any personal settings, just
for a new installation.
Upgrade or reinstall version 11
To upgrade from version 10 to version 11, or reinstall version 11, preserving your user settings, follow the steps below.
- Quit Ancestris, if it is running
- Download version 11 from the Ancestris web site and decompress the ZIP file
- Go to the folder
ancestrison the location of the previous installation
- Delete the following 5 folders
- Replace them with the recently downloaded corresponding 5 folders
- Restart Ancestris as usual
In case some settings no longer work, or are not compatible with the new version, please refer to the User settings page if you want to manage them yourself.